Thursday, December 1, 2011

Peach Brandy !

Yes , we have Peach Brandy !
I cannot believe it worked lol
I thought like my grapes instead of wine I might get vinegar .
Nope !
Today was the day I had marked on my calendar to check the Brandy I had stored away in a dark place .
My friend Molly posted at the end of summer about making fruit brandies .
I wasn't going to do it .I was tired after picking grapes and making the apple cider vinegar etc.
Then I saw peaches marked down the end of Aug.
I bought a few bags and brought them home .
all you need do is have clean sterile jars and lids .
cut fruit up into pieces and layer in jar with sugar . place lid on jar and store away for I think 3 months . I'm pretty sure it was end of Aug. beginning of Sept I started this .I'd have to look back on the calender .
So I had done 4 jars . 3 of the jars looked like the one up top . fruit floating on top and a peachy coloured liquid on the bottom . The 4th jar did not look like this it was browny blackish and looked like something might be growing in there .
Well as soon as I took the lids off wow ! alcohol arose from the jars ! Yes that is right ! Peach Alcohol .
The really gross jar did smell gross !



so once I opened up the jars I then dumped them into a strainer

like this and strained the liquid off.
I'm left with all this fruit and wondering maybe I could throw it into an apple crisp . brandies peach apple crisp ?
so I had saved this glass gin bottle , sterilized it and poured the brandy into it .
I am going to serve this at our solstice party ! what a treat for our friends eh .
by the way Molly told me you can do this with all kinds of fruit like cherry , apricot etc.
I'm just so so happy it worked ☺

2 comments:

Melodie said...

Yumm! That is really cool!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Happy Sipping Rox! Isn't it nice to see 'the fruits' of your labor?

He He He...just a littl pun for ya!

Merry Yuletide Blessings Dear Heart! :)

xoxoxo