Friday, November 4, 2011

Blog Blast for Peace ~ Peaceful Lifestyle

Yes ! That time again ! Blog Blast for Peace !
I am trying to write 4 posts on 4 different blogs today for Blog Blast for Peace ☺
This is all while our sewer backed up ( tree roots again ) and our dear little dog went missing !
So these posts are going to be short and not near as detailed as I'd like , but done none the less .
I really came to mediate on one theme well going over the topic of Peace within all aspects of our lives .
That theme being legacy&example  .
The legacy which has been left to us by others who have led peace filled lives , the legacy we live today in the here and now as little ones observe & mimic , and the legacy yet to come which we will leave behind .
So in this post I am focusing on the issue of a healthy peaceful lifestyle
The activities and diets etc. we chose to use and do effect us but also those around us and our plant around us .
 walking instead of driving , working for less pay but at an employment that is fair and respectful of the rights of all including environment
 exercise , not smoking , having healthy social community , this all has an impact on our future generations and the planet .
My goal is to try the best I can to offer our own children , grandchildren and those yet to come .
What will my legacy be ? what has my example been ?
below are a few of those who have helped shape me into the 40 something yo I am today and this is exactly what I mean by our legacy , our influence on others and the planet .


Harish Johari was/is an amazing beautiful man
I love his books especially his children's books

As a young adult Jeannine Parvati Baker was/is one of my biggest influences in learning about homebirth , yoga etc.

Juliette de Bairacli Levy  has encouraged me in trusting my natural given gifts when it comes to herbal wildcrafting & lore .

5 comments:

Anndi said...

Your Peace Globe is stunning! Thank you for sharing it with us and contributing to the legacy of the BlogBlast for Peace!

Namaste!

Travis Cody said...

I like the theme you have of legacy and example. I couldn't leave a comment on the spiritual blog, so I also wanted to say that I enjoyed your thoughts about securing one's own inner peace before trying to go out in the world and advocate for peace.

Best wishes to you and yours for peace today and in all the days to come!

Karen Jo said...

Leading by example is a great way to step along the road to peace. Peace be with you today and every day.

Mimi Lenox said...

Lovely post.
I have so enjoyed watching you blog for peace and design these peace globes.
Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

Annelisa said...

I hope you've found your little dog by now!

I think it's a good point to make...it's not only mental and emotional aspects that can be led by example, but physical as well...and who feels mentally/ emotionally well if they are not physically well?

Peace to you and yours

[your peace post will soon be linked into the patchwork peace quilt on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' ]