Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Tea Party

Frosted Petunias Tea Party Under A Halloween Moon

Well perhaps I'm a tad late in posting this but I did honestly only see the announcement yesterday at frosted petunias .
 When I did I thought to myself " perfect " as it was my gathering of gal pals for our monthly fullmoon fun , crafy & prayer time gathering
I can say just as last month I was beat down , physically , emotionally & spiritually drained .
 I had all the items gathered up and ready for a nice party but my spirit was low . I thought a negative thought " no one will show , and I'll be in bed by 8:30pm "
 Within 3min I'm not kidding 3 of my gal pals walked in the door with joyful hugs, gifts & yummies
 Patrice brought cream puffs with caramel sauce , Jacqui brought chili chocolate for the blood moon & Mary brought some awesome organic jasmine white tea
So Teaparty it was !
Below are some of the pics from my preparation & gathering
Miss Lizzie is also one of the girls ☺

Ok my first sign the day was going to be great was , get this !
 My giveaway gift from Jaz at October Farm arrived !
I'm not posting pics of it because I've decorated the yard etc. with the items and have not taken pics yet .
So that will be a treat yet tyo come ;-)

I prepared the pumpkin scones and I ran out of white flour so used all organic whole wheat and they were terrific both plates were gobbled up !

Now altough this was labeled a tea party I did not use my good tea cups .I only use those on my very special teas but I wanted you too have a peek at my hutch I refinished two yrs ago this was my Grandmothers hutch .which she always had her tea cups in along with those red rose ornaments & nature cards collected from the tea packs .

 are tea cups not the prettiest things ☺

table set

what is this you ask ?

 a group of groovie gals

miss. Mary and her red hat ☺

 we had an awesome fire

3 lovely ladies

 I promised if I posted pics of everyone I'd post those of myself

even the goofy not so complimentary ones lol


she takes a real good pic
I did remember to take a pic of the moon as well ☺

this is my pot but really look to the side it is those awesome shoes need the attention ☺

We made our beautiful scented candles as well using essential oils & dried flowers etc.

my altars were all gorgeously lit up

isn't that pretty


my jack jack kept following me around

 he is my sweetie pie

 a top the piano
 yet another candle

 sweet autumn altar



10 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

How delightful to see all of you in your Witchy Hats! :) Mine needs to come out of the closet this coming week!

Looks like everyone had a great time and your pics are wonderful Rox!

By the way...how synchronistic you posted today...I left an Award for you on HeartSongs...make sure you get it!

I love you Dear Woman and Happy Samhain!

Que Bella said...

What a lovely party! Everyone looked like they were having a great time. Thank you for sharing.

http://afineruffling.blogspot.com/2010/10/tea-under-halloween-moon.html

Scrap Vamp said...

Loved your post! Thanks so much for inviting me to visit you here! I am a "natural" Catholic as well! Happy Halloween!

~Celina
forevervampress@aol.com
http://scrapvamp.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

That is a wonderful post! I totally would love to be at your tea party! It looks like so much fun!

Please join me for a spot of tea

Blessed Be
Kelli

http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-23-welcome-to-my-tea-party.html

rox said...

Well what a surprise I had when I came back later tonight to find all these beautiful comments to my bloggy post !
I honestly am overwhelmed with warmth from all the wonderful blog friends I've made over the yrs. I think a post should be dedicated to all of You because I do have internet friends , they are real and some we've been friends going on 14 yrs !
Lots of Love to all of You
rox

Mother's Moon's Message said...

better late than never I always say... your nightly tea with friends looks wonderful... the pumpking scones... sound so yummy and look just as good....

Love the pictures.... a gorgeous cauldron you have...

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a festive tea party! Thanks for inviting us - I enjoyed my stay.

You are warmly invited to attend tea with me:

http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/10/little-witch-and-owls-halloween-tea.html

Enjoy the parties!
Theresa

Susan said...

Lovely tea party, and loved it being by a "campfire" one of my fav things! I hope all is well with you now :)

Peace,
Susan

come visit:
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/

Anna @ Frosted Petunias said...

I'm so glad you stumbled upon my tea party and were able to share yours! I love all your pictures and it looked like everyone had a wonderful time. Love your hats! Your altars are also beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and for joining me for my tea party under the Halloween moon tonight!

Anna

rox said...

Yes was this not great ! I am now thinking ahead to our next fullmoon gathering and crafty ideas . Maybe we best do some yule crafts as I'm not sure we will have a gathering come dec.
I know I shall be inspired & find ideas by visiting other blogs of my friends ☺