Friday, September 24, 2010

Equinox Celebration

Well things do not always take shape the way we envision them do they ☺
Yesterday I knew by the sore scratchy feeling in my throat I was coming down with the cold ds9 has .
 After day upon day of cold rain it was to stop and clear & I was to have a fire with my girly friends .
 Nope ! rain cold cold .
 However I decided to continue on popping vit C planning the food etc.
 Well I went to write down the recipe for Mabon cake from Jaz
I discovered as I rolled down the post I forgot to buy the canned milk ! I'd bought the sugar and totally forgot the milk ! So my apple muffins had to do .
 I'd also planned to make  Scots pies and only got far as making veggies stew & while peeling off the hard skin of the squash the knife slipped and I cut my finger !
dh arrived home just then and helped me finish & <3☺
 dh said the stew was awesome with a blob of butter & sour cream
 I even forgot to soak the corn husks ! However I did remember to do so at 12pm so they did have enough time .
Then we also had a call from the realtor saying the farm we are looking at tomorrow and hoping to put an offer in on has another person interested and they may put an offer in as well ! We are not in the position to be in a bidding war .

 So from all this the ups and downs the real life not the dream life I had the call from my friend who was going to share some ritual saying she could not attend !
I just kept going , thinking in my heart what is the Mabon celebration about anyway ? Make this my focus , what my goals should be . Letting even the hard stuff come & then pass by , celebrate that which is given and I saw how truly we are blessed by the gift of each other ☺
 Thru all the days hardships what kept me going was the hope that soon I would be in the good company of beautiful soulful people ☺
 I feel this with my bloggy friends too. Has the Creator not led us to some beautiful soul friends ? Some I've known close to 14 yrs now .
 Is that not what we are here for as gifts for each other .
So despite my horrid head cold , issues that may lead to worry there appeared at the door my beautiful sil Summer & my other 2 gal pals Jacqui & Susan .
There were great goodies & even an autumn gift  !

below are my pics to share with You .

First I had to finally get dressed lol
 do you like my groovie granny pants ?
 I found my purple pants at the thrift for $2.50 ! I saved them specially for the Equinox


Adventure Boy & Lizzie agreed the place was ready for guests ☺
lol I also discovered once again I had oil smudged on the camera lens
often the outcome of photographing cooking shots or on the beach .

I did manage to get some autumn items on this altar and I lit all the lamps & candles


Jack & Lizzie agree there will be a comfy

cozy spot for all


I did manage to make herbed pita chips
 Is the dutch oven not the perfect autumn cooking tool
so what is inside ?

veggie stew !

I just could not resit taking a pic of this German ivy & spinning wheel. I've had to bring in all the plants that cannot over winter here .


Autumn foods , apple crisp & I picked some of the last nasturtiums
my sil Summer also brought hummus which her recipe is just awesome !

sweet gals Summer

and Jacqui

We had a nice  selection of autumn herbs to choose from


We gabbed and worked on some really beautiful autumn arrangements

These gals & I have been best chums for 25 yrs !

well of course Summer & I met when I first dated my dh Bob her amazing & only brother ( hehe he didn't stand a chance having 4 sisters )

these took me awhile to remember how to make but in the end turned out just right ☺

I love how these worked out as well !

I do wish the camera was not so bright as the pic does not look near as gorgeous as the real thing .


To my surprise my friend Susan brought along this beautiful gift for me ☺
it is a birch bark container

I have only seen the baskets my gramma owned but this is so unique and she told me usually a blanket is included but I received a lovely culinary sage bundle ☺
 Thanks to all my beautiful friends I treasure & keep close to my heart the gifts that You are
Blessed Be
Amen



7 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

What a beautiful glimpse into your world Rox! I so wish I could've been there with you...it looks so warm and inviting and a good time by all.

Many, many blessings to you my Sweet Sister...and I do hope you are feeling much better! Don't forget to take your honey!

Make a sage steambath too as it really does help with the cold.

I loved looking at you in your purple pants, and at your love filled home!

Good luck on the bid for your place! I'll send up a prayer for you!
xoxoxoxo

rox said...

Oh Thank You Akasa so much .I am feeling absolutely horrid with this cold now .
I do need to steam and totally did not think of that !
honestly I think somedays like this it is the caring of others that get us through ☺
I so wish You could visit and would love all these ladies too .
so want to write you an email and will hopefully get that in sometuime after the weekend .
Thank You so so much for prayers ☺

Melodie said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I love seeing all the pictures of your life and what a beautiful gift! I panic in large crowds too...I am much more comfortable in nature than I could ever be in a city!

Rue said...

What a nice gathering you had! Nothing better than food, friends and herbs - lol!

I do hope you've managed to kick your cold though!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Just stopping in to check on you Rox...hope you did some steaming like the Grandmother prescribed, lol! Seriously, it will make you feel better. If even you just stand in a hot shower for a bit?

Sending healing love your way!
Blessings Ladybug!

rox said...

Oh Thank You all ☺ the cold turned into a flu for adventure boy we up from 2:30 - 10pm !
we made an offer on the land and it is so very stressful !
Akasa I did just send you an email this morning I hope you received it ☺
we are off to a falconry workshop tomorrow ! the boys are excited ☺

Illustrated Ink said...

I so enjoyed seeing all the pics from your Equinox celebration! What a warm and joyous looking day!

Your purple pants rock. ;)

I'm sorry you've been feeling poorly, I hope you're better now!