Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Harvesting the Wild Garden

Yes , my garden is a wild garden ☺ A garden is an extension of self is it not . ? It expresses to people how we are on the inside . My garden is like my a free & wild spirit.
 Some people like my  dh & my mother do not get my garden at all . I must say at times it saddens me for they cannot look beyond and see that which is beneath , but we all will never truly understand each other at all times I guess . For them they see no purpose . A garden is to be in rows and for my dh especially it must produce food , that which is for consumption . Yes he gets his spiritual connection thru the practical but he cannot see how myself and others like me the wild garden is our spiritual ☺
 He in fact in winters end when I am planning the garden has even made the statement that why bother , " it is just weeds anyway "
 lol well here is my post to prove him wrong , not sorry dear ☺
I think this is probably my most favorite time in the garden . I love so much the job of preparation , yet also a time of knowing things will be passing , moving on , dying in order to create new life .
 So is my garden just weeds ? I guess to some yes a weed not wanted a plant not valued , a weed . Yes there is pig weed which is ever so tasty with butter & vinegar the way my mum used to make it ☺
 a dandelion , a thistle and oh the beloved nettle , all have a purpose. Ok I do get annoyed at horseradish and burdock , especially burdock for tricking me into thinking he was milkweed ☺
I know my plants , my friends .They are a part of my world .

So in the wild garden what looks like a big mess perhaps , even kaos to some  I find that which I love , the little ones . beautiful special small . Delight to the senses .

Nasturtium

So vibrant & deep

Malo reminds me of tea parties & flowing dresses

little jump ups are like lively little sprites

Poppies a plenty

Calendula smiles

Cosmos a meadow breeze

Poppies charms are from gardens of olde

Zinnea the joy of little sisters ☺

Plenty of friends drop in and feel at home

Fairy Gardens

and fairy houses

Lizzie

and Jack cool off in the garden shade

The wild garden produces nourishment such as Lemon Balm

Wild Mint too

Chamomile

for our children's tummies

collecting seeds for cake & tea

Tomatoes which dh loves

Come a plenty from the garden he claims not to love

A flower surprise makes a salad dance in delight

Harvest means Beet Borscht and

A Grape Leaf Feast !

2 comments:

Mother's Moon's Message said...

I love your garden and understand completely where you are coming from... I have accepted the fact that we just do not all garden the same... There is a place for neat little rows of carefully cultivated vegetables and what not and then there is a place for things to grow as they may..

Me myself... I love the wild gardens. blessings

rox said...

Yes Momma Moon balance you are so right , a place for all to grow ☺